Please note - this property requires the Editor extension for DataTables.
The full Editor reference documentation is available to registered users of Editor - the information shown below is a summary only. If you already have an Editor license please sign-in, alternatively an Editor license can be purchased on this site, or sign up for the free trial.
This is one of the simplest field types in Editor, presenting a standard
select element in the form.
Using a keyboard to navigate a form can make data entry and modification much faster than navigation with a mouse. The
select input type helps to facilitate this by supporting the following keyboard options:
- Submitting the form:
- Press the return key
- Show options list:
- Windows: Press alt + up or down arrow keys
- Mac: Press up or down keys when focused on the
- Select option:
- When the options list is shown, press space bar to select an option
- Windows: Press up and down arrow keys to move between options without showing the options list
- Mac: Press left or right arrow keys to move between options without showing the options list.
Please note that the platform variations are due to browser implementation, confirming to the UI paradigm of the host platform.