There are two different methods by which you might have been using the trial version of Editor:
- Through the DataTables downloader
If you have been referencing the
dataTables.editor.min.js file on your page or in your build environment, simply replace the file with the one with the same name from the licensed download. You may also need to clear your browser's cache to ensure that the latest file is loaded.
If you used the DataTables downloader to build a single concatenated file with Editor included (
datatables.min.js) you will need to generate a new build that includes the licensed file. This can be done by navigating to the DataTables downloader and building a new package. When logged in with an account that has an Editor license assigned to it, the download builder will automatically include the licensed software.
To easily select exactly the same software as your previously built package used, open the
datatables.min.js from the previous build and at the top it will show a URL that can be copied and pasted into your browser - for example:
* To rebuild or modify this file with the latest versions of the included * software please visit: * https://datatables.net/download/#dt/dt-1.10.11,b-1.1.2,e-1.5.5,se-1.1.2
Once the new package has been built, simply replace the
datatables.min.js file with that from the new package.
Once the above steps have been followed, if you are still receiving a "Trial expired" or "Trial expiring" message in your browser's console:
- Clear your browser's cache in case the trial version was cached
- Check that the new file with the licensed version was correctly deployed to the server.
- Ensure that Editor is not being loaded multiple times (a trial version and the licensed version for example).
If you are still having problems, get in touch and provide details of the problem, ideally with the link to the page in question so it can be debugged.