Date input control.
Please note - this property requires the Editor extension for DataTables.
The full Editor reference documentation is available to registered users of Editor - the information shown below is a summary only. If you already have an Editor license please sign-in, alternatively an Editor license can be purchased on this site, or sign up for the free trial.
This field type displays a date input control. Please note that as of Editor 1.5.2 the new
datetime field type is preferred over this option as it provides a date and/or time picker built into Editor, that works cross platform.
This field type can operate in one of two ways:
- If jQuery UI's DatePicker widget is available in the page, the DatePicker widget will be used.
- If not, then the HTML 5
dateinput type will be used (i.e.
<input type="date">). This does not currently enjoy very wide browser support though (only Chrome). To have it operate over all browsers, consider using this polyfill.
Editor 1.5.2 introduces a new
datetime field type which provides its own calendar picker and time input interface. It has a number of advantages over the
date input option that is documented on this page:
- Calendar picker works on all browsers
- No external dependencies for simple date formatting
- Can use Moment.js for advanced formatting options
- Time input options (automatically detected from the format)
- Attractive and modern UI